Department for Work and Pensions
Implementing a managed print solution for the UK’s largest public body – Department for Work and Pension.
Under Lot 1 RM3785 Managed Print and Digital Solutions agreement, we transferred the Department for Work and Pensions’ print services from the incumbent.
With our project and account management teams, our in-house IT team worked closely with DWP on a number of technical service enhancements.
- Back office integration with DWP’s catalog ordering system
- Development of an online ordering system for uploading documents to be converted into alternative formats (braille, large print, audio) and for ordering personalized material.
- Creation of a digital asset management portal for product and brand assets – cleansing and hosting over 7,431 product assets.
We’ve also transferred operations for the Compensation Recovery Unit, printing an average of 359,000 prints per month (4.31 million a year).
As part of the overall implementation we’ll be providing DWP and the public purse with multi million pound cost savings. We’ve also:
- Uplifted 279 pallets of stock, on-boarded 25 suppliers and 6 design agencies
- Opened a new office in Leeds
- Established a new customer services team
- Achieved the target ‘go live’ date of 1st December 2017
- TUPE transfer of 16 colleagues
- Processed 4,621 order lines in first 2 months
"APS Group delivered a seamless transition of long standing complex print arrangements for DWP. Working collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders, while adopting and rationalising a diverse supply chain, they were able to implement new print arrangements within an extremely challenging timeline and without any impact on service continuity – absolutely key in delivering a successful outcome for DWP."